Image result for Takachiho Gorge
Image result for Takachiho Gorge


Takachiho Gorge, Japan 

Takachiho is a town in northern Miyazaki Prefecture that is known for its religious importance and natural beauty year-round. Row down the river to see the famous Minainotaki waterfall or walk on the walkway if you want to enjoy the view from above. 

If you walk all the way down, you will end up at the Takachiho Shrine. Here you can learn more about the legend of the Shinto sun goddess, Amaterasu, that the town is known for. Reenactments of the legend, called Yokagura (night dances), are performed nightly. 

Comments

  1. I love this! Again, another coincidence! On the week of Thanksgiving, I went to Osaka, Japan! Japan is such a beautiful country! I wish I saw your blog so I could've went to Takachiho! The waterfall looks so beautiful! When I went to Japan, we visited a lot of temples. We also went to Kobe, Kyoto, and Tokyo! Thank you for sharing such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog