Related image   
                       jellyfish-lake
Cool or crazy? The Republic of Palau's most famous dive site (sorry, snorkeling only) is Jellyfish Lake (Ongeim’l Tketau). It has millions of golden jellyfish. No worries, though, this species of jellyfish do not sting! Eil Malk Island in Palau is part of the Rock Islands. Swimming with the jellyfish was prohibited previously until this year (2019) because of a decline in their population but now their numbers are up and swimming is allowed once again. If the thought of swimming with jellyfish scares you, you can also see the amazing Ngardmau Falls, visit mysterious monoliths, or swim in the Milky Way Lagoon where visitors are known to cover their face and body with soft white mud. Supposedly it has curative powers but I'm sure it also feels amazing!

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh!!!! SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL! And gosh, what a thrill to be swimming near jellyfishes. I would love to experience that. I have friends who are from Palau, and I only hear amazing things about it. And their pictures whenever they visit also looks so amazing. It's like, no filter needed because it's pretty on its own. Definitely one on my bucket list too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts! How do you manage to know about all these travel destinations? You seem like you'd be the perfect travel buddy! I love that you talked about different aspects of traveling in Palau so that there was a diversity in the adventures that were offered. Personally, I'm not one to dive deep into oceans or swim (because I can barely swim) but I love sightseeing! The mysterious monoliths you mentioned caught my eye and intrigued me even more. The waterfall also seems like a great way to relax and to embrace nature.

    -lifeofchell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog